Happy almost holidays!
As we mentioned in previous posts, this December, FMC is hosting the "Giving Rocks" campaign, where you can help us keep fighting for a brighter future for musicians and fans.
FMC advocates for real changes that will ensure that tomorrow's music industry is sustainable and fair to creators. For more info about our history and mission, visit http://futureofmusic.org.
We know money is tight, but your gift in any amount helps FMC continue to fight for musicians on a range of crucial issues. Your tax-free donation lets us:
- expand community radio in the face of shrinking commercial playlists that keep too much talent from the airwaves.
- fight for net neutrality so artists can keep using the internet to reach audiences without interference from a few powerful corporations.
- protect musicians' right to expression through high-level court filings and briefs.
- help artists understand their health insurance options via our FREE Health Insurance Navigation Tool, or HINT.
- offer scholarships so artists can attend the Future of Music Policy Summit and debate the issues with the big shots in music, technology policy and law.
- assist musicians in being empowered agents of positive change through education, research and advocacy
We've been doing this work for ten years, and we've made tremendous progress. But there's still more to do! Think about it: if everyone who read this blog contributed $20, it would insure that our efforts on behalf of musicians could continue well into the next decade.
The future of music belongs to you. Help make it a great one.